Can I book on the online course?
The course open to everyone with an interest in sharing positive touch activities with children of all ages and abilities. Students include parents, teachers, complementary therapists, SEN staff and health care professionals. It is helpful for those wishing to use Story Massage at home or work, or both!
How much does it cost?
Our book Once upon a touch… story massage for children is required reading for the course. We know that some of you have the book already so we have two price options:
Option 1 – with the book – £134 (UK Customers only)
In this option, the course includes Story Massage stickers and a copy of the book. These will be sent to you within seven days of purchase (if you live in the UK). Please click on the icon above to book your place via paypal. We will then contact you via email with an access code to begin the course.
If you are based outside the UK and don’t have the book, please use Option 2 below.
Option 2 – without the book – £115
- If you already have the book
- Or you live outside the UK
The cost of the online course is only £115 as the cost of the book and stickers (optional) is covered by you. Please click on the icon below to book your place via paypal. We will then contact you via email with an access code to begin the course.
If you wish to convert this value into your local currency, please use this Currency Converter.
- To book places for more than one person please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would prefer to pay by invoice please email email@example.com
“The online course is very supportive, practical and easy to use. All the important factors are repeated which helps learning. I loved using the stickers and creating my own stories. I was amazed at how the ten strokes can be used in so many different ways. The sky’s the limit!” Emma-Jayne Beattie, holistic therapist at Tranquility Toes Reflexology (Below, you can see Emma-Jayne’s great nephews choosing a massage story from the book!)
What does the course cover?
There are five modules to complete. These modules are carefully designed to take you through the course with a step-by-step approach to help build your confidence. The course takes around 12-18 hours of study and covers the same material as the face-to-face training day.
Module 1 introduces Story Massage and explores the importance of positive touch activities for children of all ages and abilities. You will look at the many benefits of Story Massage and how it is being used in different contexts.
Module 2 has video demonstrations of the ten Story Massage strokes. You will learn their names and symbols and begin to understand how they can be used to illustrate words in a massage story. During the module you will also explore how strokes can be adapted for children with additional needs.
Module 3 introduces some of the basic guidelines for using Story Massage in a respectful way for different age groups. You will learn how to share a massage story and pick up some valuable tips and ideas for using Story Massage.
Module 4 shows you how to adapt a familiar story or nursery rhyme as a massage story. You will explore the process of matching strokes to words. You will be encouraged to begin to write your own massage story with plenty of prompts and support.
Module 5 helps you reflect on your course experience and invites you to think of ways that you will be using Story Massage to suit you and those you are sharing it with. You will also be introduced to easy-to-make resources for presenting and sharing massage stories.
Fantastic Feedback for the training
It’s always good to hear from others who have completed the course. So here are just a few of the amazing reviews that we have been getting. So if you are still trying to decide, then maybe these reviews will help you! Story Massage Online Course Testimonials
“I thoroughly enjoyed the online course as it explained everything in detail and it was easy to follow and understand what was required. There was a real bonus of having the video and audio links. This brought the learning alive and offered positive reinforcement throughout the course. Lots of opportunity for follow-up support too. Excellent course.” Clare Gibbons, owner of Pohutukawa Kids, New Zealand (Below, you can see Clare’s granddaughter enjoying Story Massage!)
How is this course assessed and recognised?
There are simple interactive self-assessments throughout the course (see below). At the end of Module 5 you will also be asked to complete three questions about the course and submit this plus an example of a massage story that you have adapted or created.
The course is approved for CPD points by The Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT). We will issue you with a certificate of completion which can count towards your CPD (continuous professional development). You may wish to confirm with your insurer/employer that they will accept this course.
Benefits of Studying Online
- Live support and virtual classroom – there are opportunities to ask questions by email or our virtual classroom sessions. You’ll also find lots of ideas and support from YouTube videos, Facebook and regular newsletters.
- Six months access to Course – You will have full access to the online course materials for 6 months. This starts from the date you begin studying, not the date you book the course. We can offer an extension of 6 months for a fee of £25.
- Free book and stickers – it includes a copy of Once upon a touch…story massage for children by Mary Atkinson and Sandra Hooper and Story Massage stickers for creating your own massage stories.
- Downloadable resources– practical and easy-to-use answer sheets to help you review and reflect on your learning during the course.
- Technical support– if you need some extra help getting started or using the Story Massage online course, we have experts to help you.
- No special software required! – The videos and Story Massage audios (mp3s) will play on the software on your computer or electronic device – you will access it via the internet.
- Certificate of Completion – at the end of the online course you will receive an email containing your certificate of completion.
Do you have questions about the course?