It is World Nursery Rhyme Week 2020 from November 16th to 20th with a wealth of free supporting resources from the WNRW website. And we are adding to this amazing collection with FREE Story Massage resources to help you share positive touch activities during the week.
The Five Nursery Rhymes
Monday 16th November – The Wheels On The Bus
Tuesday 17th November – Five Little Speckled Frogs
Wednesday 18th November – Hickory Dickory Dock
Thursday 19th November – Old MacDonald Had A Farm
Friday 20th November – Miss Polly Had A Dolly
Free Story Massage Resources
- Download your FREE pdf for the five nursery rhymes adapted for the Story Massage Programme here: Free PDF – Five Nursery Rhumes as Massage Stories
- Follow-along with FREE video demonstrations of the five nursery rhymes with Mary and Emmanuel. These will be available on You Tube from Friday 13th November 2020.
- Check out the Facebook Page and Instagram for daily uploads of FREE follow-along videos for the five nursery rhymes. These will be available daily from Sunday 15th November so they are ready for the following day.
- We will also be doing a daily blog here on our Story Massage Programme website featuring the five nursery rhymes and associated videos.
More about the Story Massage Programme
The Story Massage Programme combines the benefits of positive touch with the creativity of storytelling. Ten massage strokes form the basis of the programme. These strokes have a simple name, such as The Circle or The Sprinkle, and an easy to recognise symbol making it fully accessible for all ages and abilities. The strokes work perfectly with nursery rhymes and we are delighted to be Associate Sponsors of World Nursery Rhyme Week 2020.
Nursery Rhymes and the Story Massage Programme
Key benefits include:
- Vocabulary, language and literacy skills
- Numeracy skills
- Social, physical and emotional skills
- Fun and positive interaction
Would you like to train in the Story Massage Programme?
If you would like to use the programme at home or work in Early Years settings then you will love our flexible online course. All the information is here: Online Training Course.
You will learn how to share the ten Story Massage strokes, adapt familiar stories and even create some sensory stories of your own. Ideal for Early Years practitioners, parents and those working with children with additional needs.
“The Story Massage Programme can be so easily adapted for all ages. Babies love the singing, rhyming and one-to-one interaction with their parents. Toddlers enjoy the interactive nature of the Story Massage Programme and the sensory experience of props during the sessions. Pre-schoolers like sharing a favourite nursery rhyme – and sometimes putting their own words to the rhymes!” Katie Smith, Infant Massage Instructor.
“Our children love the combination of the Story Massage strokes and a nursery rhyme. We have noticed a real improvement in emotional literacy and social skills. This, in turn, is helping to build the children’s resilience to adversity in their lives.” Christine Muslek, Early Level Practitioner at Shotts Family Learning Centre.
“’Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star’ is a firm favourite for sharing Story Massage sessions in our home. The fun and interaction has opened up a whole new world for my profoundly disabled daughter and the whole family. Being able to find something that gives us the ability to reassure Maisy in such a positive way, in good times and bad, is such a wonderful thing.” Sophie Kidd-Munnery, full time mother.