- Accredited Story Massage Training course for individuals (more details below)
- Story Massage Training for in house/group/INSET days for your school or organisation (more details here: Story Massage In-house Training)
- Online Story Massage Training Course (more details here: Story Massage Online Course)
Accredited Day Course
We hold regular Story Massage training days for individuals wishing to use the Story Massage Programme with children and adults in the home or as an extension of their work. Everyone is welcome to attend to find out more about this simple, fun and easy way to share positive touch activities with others
Time: 09.45 for a prompt start at 10.00 – 16.00 (we will indicate if the timing is different, so please check individual trainings)
To book: please contact Mary and Sandra on firstname.lastname@example.org for a booking form. Please indicate which course you are interested in.
Cost: £149 – includes certificate and training manual. Payment in full or a £30 non-refundable deposit to secure your place on the course. We can invoice schools and organisations.
UPCOMING TRAINING DATES:
+++++ Due to the current need for ‘social distancing’ we are no longer taking bookings for these courses – it is doubtful they will go ahead. However we do have a very popular ONLINE course that gets excellent reviews. We offer lots and lots of free ongoing support after the course. This may be a good option for you. Story Massage Online Course.++++++
- Thursday 23rd April 2020. Manchester. £149. Methodist Central Buildings, Oldham Street, Manchester M1 1JQ. Read more here: Manchester Course.
- Tuesday 5th May 2020. Liskeard, Cornwall. £149. Botelet Education. Botelet Farm, Herodsfoot, Liskeard, Cornwall PL14 4RD. Read more here: Cornwall Course.
- Thursday 4th June 2020. Folkestone, Kent. £149. Core Therapies College. Studio 4, 55-57, Tontine Street, Folkestone, Kent CT20 IJR. Read more here: Folkestone Course
Book your place now!
More information: Do check out our answers to Frequently Asked Questions about our Story Massage training days. Story Massage FAQ.
Please note: Your place on a course will be confirmed when the full amount is paid. Fees are refundable up to 7 days prior to the course date. However, an admin fee of £10 will be charged. You may send a substitute delegate.
What does Story Massage training involve?
Ten simple massage strokes form the basis of all our stories. We will teach you these strokes and then work with you to adapt familiar stories and even create some massage stories of your own. This will help build your confidence with using Story Massage in the way that most suits you. During the training there will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions and share ideas with others. It is fun and interactive, just like Story Massage. The day’s training is supported by updates and ideas via a Newsletter, Facebook Community, Blog and YouTube channel.
Who can benefit from Story Massage training?
Anyone who has an interest in using the Story Massage Programme to encourage positive touch for children – whether you are working for an organisation or you’d like to use it in the home – will benefit from this training. We can tailor your training to suit your particular needs.
All adults working with children or vulnerable adults require an enhanced DBS certificate (Disclosure and Barring Service) or equivalent. Therapists are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct and Professional Practice of their professional organisation.
Story Massage in Action
Here is a video to show Story Massage in a variety of different settings.
Story Massage Training FAQ
Do check out our answers to Frequently Asked Questions about our Story Massage training days. Story Massage FAQ.