We recognise creativity, commitment and innovation within the Story Massage Programme with our annual Centre of Excellence Awards. This prestigious awards was first introduced in 2016 and we now have 22 Centres of Excellence. The award is presented annually to schools and organisations showing outstanding best practice in using the Story Massage Programme to enrich the lives of others. Please apply by 1st June 2023 to be considered for one of our next group of winners. The awards are open to schools, organisations and charities working with children and adults of all ages and abilities.
Centre of Excellence
Winners of the prestigious award will receive a special logo and certificate to display with pride. Before applying please check that your organisation fulfils the following criteria:
- At least four members of staff/volunteers have undertaken our Story Massage Programme training.
- The programme has been used for one year or more.
- Representatives have provided regular feedback on how it is being used with evidence of creating new massage stories.
Would you like to apply to be a Centre of Excellence?
No cost is involved, we just need your enthusiasm and commitment to sharing the benefits of the programme with the children and adults in your care. To apply please download and complete this form: Centre of Excellence Application
Please return the form by 1st June 2023 with accompanying massage stories, evidence and photos (with permission granted for use) to: email@example.com
Please address any queries about the awards to firstname.lastname@example.org and your query will be answered, but it may not be immediately.
Centre of Excellence Winners
Our latest winners are featured on this blog: Centres of Excellence in the Story Massage Programme.
Past winners are:
- Ysgol Y Deri, Penarth
- Westfield School, Leominster
- Access School, Shrewsbury
- Ty Gwyn Special School, Cardiff
- Tor Bank School, Northern Ireland
- Cherry Garden School, London
- Springside School, Bury
- Two Rivers Primary School, Tamworth, Staffs
- Beatlie School Campus, West Lothian
- Darnley Primary School, Glasgow
- Fairfield School, West Yorkshire
- Evergreen Primary School, Bishop Aukland
- Rutherford School, Croydon
- Early Focus and St James School, Dubin
- Thorntree School, Glasgow
- Shotts Family Learning Centre, North Lanarkshire
- Staffordshire Complex Needs Service, Stafford
- Hertford Regional College Department of Inclusive Learning, Hertford
- Woolston 6th Form College, Warrington
- Pyramid Care Fostering, Worcester
- Christopher’s Children’s Hospice, Surrey
- Cocoro Charity, Japan